“Orca” is a signed and numbered limited edition of 20 giclée prints.
- Image size: 7 ¾" tall × 12" wide
- Paper size: 10 ¾" tall × 14" wide
- 1:1 scale with original painting
- Printed on archival 350 g/m² 100% cotton-rag paper with archival pigment-based ink
- Signed and numbered by Leif Ilvedson
- Includes a signed certificate of authenticity
- Released September 30th, 2015
This print will ship flat. Orders estimated to ship within three days after sale.
The setting of this girl's story is loosely based on my fond memories of sailing among the San Juan Islands in Washington state. The steamship in the background is representative of the passenger ferry S.S. Denali of the 1920's and 30's, making trips between Seattle and Anchorage. Surrendering its search, I imagine ship is cruising toward the Strait of Juan de Fuca. This young lady had the clarity and courage to make a bold decision for a better life, which along with a little luck, has set her on a truer course.
For orders shipping outside the US, please email email@example.com to make arrangements.